Job Title: Marketing & Alumni Manager
Location: Ware, Hertfordshire
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Working Hours: 8:30am – 4:30pm, this is a full time, year-round role
St Edmund’s Prep offers a magnificent country setting in rural Hertfordshire, providing a safe and stimulating environment for young minds.
About the Role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic External Relations team as Marketing & Alumni manager, responsible for driving our marketing and alumni initiatives for both the college (including sixth form) and Prep. You will be responsible for leading and delivering the strategic and creative marketing of St Edmunds College and Prep whilst upholding our core values and brand. The post holder will need to be a passionate communicator, with a keen eye for detail and be an organised self-starter. This busy, exciting role works across the school to deliver compelling marketing updates using all channels available (social media, website, video and in person events). They will also be required to support the marketing and alumni officer working with the old Edmundians (alumni) and the committee.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To lead and further develop the College and Prep digital marketing strategy on various platforms evaluating performance and providing statistics
- To prepare, maintain and deliver marketing plans and schedules for all areas of marketing activity
- Use demographic and other data analysis methods to generate insight around growth opportunities for both day and boarding markets
- Work with external photographers / Videographers
- Take photography and video of events and day to day activities covering all aspects of school life at College and Prep for socials and news stories
- Produce creative marketing and promotional materials
- To source, write and distribute news and editorial for inclusion on the website, newsletter, local, national and Catholic press
- To write and develop, produce and distribute engaging, customer-focused content through a variety of channels and digital newsletters
- Support and promote the Catholic ethos If the school through all print, digital and in-person marketing activities
- Manage the relationships with our web agency
- Website development
- Produce short, engaging video content for use on various different platforms
- Support the delivery of marketing communications materials, including prospectuses and information booklets working with our design agency
- To be the lead role in organising customer focussed recruitment events to ensure that these are clearly promote all aspects if the College and Prep so prospective and current families
- Implement and manage the communication strategy to our network of feeder Prep school
- To work flexibility with the additions function supporting events, working with our feeder schools with marketing collaterals and sharing market knowledge
- Keep parental photography permissions up to date and communicate to College and Prep
- To be an additional point of contact for the alumni, and the committee members
- To support the Director of External Relations with fundraising strategies and events
To line manage the marketing and alumni officer
- Experience in creating marketing plans, managing budgets and feeding into the strategic objectives in a professional setting
- Experience in managing and developing content on a variety of social media accounts
- Experience in maintaining and updating multiple websites using various Content Managements Systems
- Experience of developing proactive and creative marketing ideas
- Experience of using Canva, Adobe Photoshop or similar design packages and also photo manipulation
- Proven experience in marketing, events, administration and customer services
- Free lunch during term time
- Free parking
- Contributory pension scheme
Whilst not in a teaching role,you will be working on a regular basis in a school role which gives opportunity for contact with children. As such, you will be in regulated activity and am enhanced DBS check (which includes children’s barred list information) will be requested In advance of appointment.
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in everyone’s responsibility. As with all college staff members, you will therefore be responsible for providing a safe environment in which children can learn.
Please Note: The post holder will be required to work outside of normal working hours regularly with due notice.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job title of: Head of Marketing, Brand Manager, Marketing Campaign Manager, Marketing Supervisor, B2B Marketing, Senior Marketing Coordinator, Digital Marketing, Social Media, Digital Media, Marketing Strategy Manager, Group Marketing Manager, Marketing Specialist may also be considered for this role.