Job Title: Campaign Manager – Animal Welfare / Advocacy
Location: London (Remote Working)
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000
Job type: Full-Time, Fixed-term, up to 12 months (Maternity Cover).
We are a not-for- profit animal welfare organisation which campaigns for the humane treatment of decapod crustaceans such as lobsters, crabs, prawns, and langoustines, based on the scientific evidence of their sentience. We engage with policymakers to strengthen and enforce animal welfare law; we work to persuade and enable companies to sell higher welfare shellfish products; and we educate the public on the science of decapod crustacean sentience and on their humane treatment and care.
Despite our small size we are well-respected for our reasoned, determined, and creative approach. We have received significant public and political attention which has prompted widespread media coverage, and we are the leading organisation focussed on this issue.
About the role:
The Campaigns Manager is responsible for developing and managing programmatic work aligned to budget; managing a small, dedicated team delivering campaign plans to achieve our strategic objectives.
The applicant will have expertise in project management, developing and delivering successful campaigns, communications, and implementing MEAL (monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning) as part of programme management.
- Develop and deliver campaign plans in accordance with strategy and budget
- Develop campaign materials
- Develop, apply, and review campaign tools to deliver the strategy
- Assist CEO with the development of campaign strategies and budgets
- Report on project and campaign progress
- Monitor project expenditure to ensure that it is in line with forecast
- Presentation at relevant conferences and participation in relevant working groups
- Represent the organisation with key stakeholders
Management and Strategy
- Manage project pipeline and dashboard information
- Provide campaign MEAL updates via quarterly reports, showing progress against established Milestones and KPIs
- Remotely manage and develop a small team – Campaign & Communications Coordinator, Senior Policy and Public Affairs Advisor, and Corporate Engagement Advisor
- Maintain staff work through setting ambitious but realistic targets and regular progress reviews
- Support Crustacean Compassion’s work with government policy makers and devolved administrations and ensure that it is integrated within wider work
- Recruit and manage external contractors as required, ensuring that any deliverables are produced to the required standard and timeframes
- Ensure all initiatives are planned, delivered, monitored and evaluated effectively
- External stakeholder relationship development and management
Communications and Media
- Lead on the development and expansion of a social media strategy, plus support launches of Crustacean Compassion information and work
- Lead on the delivery of campaign supporter communications, website updates, and support in the development of media reports
- Create communications and key messaging for Crustacean Compassion campaign launches, events, and promotion
- Oversee the development of project and campaign materials to guarantee all content is appropriate, engaging and aligned to the brand.
- Manage the coordination of media enquiries and maintain a press database including publications and media contacts
- Support the Fundraising Manager with the development of proposals for donors, donor reporting, and through campaign actions and launch events
- Write external meeting briefs, agendas, organise meetings, and attend when required
- Review programme documents for clarity, tone, and adherence to Crustacean Compassion policies
Knowledge, Skills and experience:
- At least 5 years of experience of campaign management, with delivery of successful campaigns
- Experience of developing campaign strategies and implementing annual plans to agreed milestones and expected KPIs
- Project management experience
- Experience of working with stakeholders in government and industry
- Demonstrably skilled and experienced in networking to build relationships
- Outstanding written communication skills, including the ability to write engaging copy which presents Crustacean Compassion objectives and calls for action
- Excellent negotiating, diplomacy, and people skills
- Able to demonstrate a commitment and sensitivity to the aims and objectives of Crustacean Compassion
- Experience in the effective use of a CRM database
- Fluent in English.
- Previous experience of line management and developing highly effective teams
- Experience in working for animal welfare organisations and of working on animal protection issues
- A genuine interest in aquatic animal welfare
If you are interested, please click on the APPLY button to submit your CV for this role, including a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Campaign Executive, Marketing Campaign, Marketing Campaign Manager, Digital Content Creator, Strategy, Content Management, Project Manager may also be considered for this role.