Cosmetic Claims Lawyer – Occupiers and Public Liability
Established in 2000, Express Solicitors is an award-winning law firm that deals in Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence claims. Based in Manchester, we serve clients nationwide. We are proud of the work we do helping injured people, and this is our core business.
Express Solicitors are currently ranked 80 out of more than 10,000 law firms in the UK and ranked in the top ten for the best law firm to work for in the UK by Best Companies. We have a 5-star ranking with Trust Pilot from over 5,500 reviews, which, coming from our clients, means a lot to us.
No doubt at Express Solicitors we rate skill and ability above all else and our recruitment policy encourages applications from all.
About The Role:
We are currently looking for a 1 to 5 Year PQE lawyer / Cilex or alternatively qualified by experience to join our OL/PL department.
You will be handling a diverse caseload to include some pre and post litigation cosmetic claims from cradle to grave. Tenacity, ability, and enthusiasm are more important than qualification.
We have high quality non-CMC sources for all our work, ensuring that our lawyers only deal with genuine cases.
For candidates we offer strong supervision channels, excellent training including away days, chance to join a highly ambitious and growing firm.
We offer a generous commission structure, where all our lawyer, get a percentage of every case they win. With no hurdles, and no caps, you are rewarded for the success of every case you bring to completion.
- Experience with complex cosmetic negligence cases including breast surgery, rhinoplasty, blepharoplasty, labiaplasty, liposuction, and laser treatments is desirable
- Previous exposure to providing client advice, instructing experts, analysing reports and valuations advantageous
- Experience with initial client inception (including risk assessments, setting up the file and relevant paperwork is required
- Ideally you will have drafted particulars for service, prepared quantum evidence, schedules of loss, instructed counsel, drafted witness statement and replies
- Proven billing track record of handling a litigated caseload
- A focus on advancing cases to and through litigation to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients
- Knowledge of the civil procedure rules, precedent, trends in litigation, and an ability and willingness to utilise the same to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with litigated files from inception, through applications and challenges, to trial / disposal hearing
- Knowledge of Proclaim case management system
Salary & Working Hours:
- A basic salary up to £50,000 depending on experience. Along with a very generous commission scheme, paid monthly in arrears
- Our standard working hours are 8:30am to 5:30am Monday-Thursday and 8:30am to 5pm Friday
- 3/2 alternative working from home pattern staff after probation
- 23 days holiday a year, rising to 26 days (3 days reserved for Christmas closure of the office)
- 3 holiday buy backs per year after one year of service
- Extra day’s holiday for your birthday after two years’ service
- Private medical insurance available after two years’ service
- Death in Service
- Active social committee with generous departmental and firm-wide social budget
- Active training culture and various groups and events such as Diversity & Inclusion
- Netball / Football team, 10km Manchester team and more
- Enhanced Maternity Leave payment if you have over 1 year tenure
- Other benefits including Employee Assistance Programme, free fruit & annual flu jab
Please send a CV and covering letter by clicking APPLY.
Our employees are our most important asset and it’s our employees who have made Express Solicitors the success it is today. Our recruitment process consolidates that success.
At Express Solicitors, we rate skill and ability above all else and therefore our recruitment policy encourages applications from all.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Solicitor, Legal Caseworker, Qualified Solicitor, Lawyer, PI Solicitor, Personal Injury Lawyer, Chartered Legal Executive, Cosmetic Lawyer, Cosmetic, Cosmetic Law, Medical Law, Cosmetic Negligence, PQE Lawyer, PQE may also be considered for this role.