Job Title: Lead Gas Engineer
Job type: Full time – Permanent
Aston Group is a leading Building Services and Facilities Management company for commercial and residential clients. We are an established, family run, privately owned business that has been setting standards for efficiency, innovation, and quality for over 58 years.
As our Lead Gas Engineer, you will be responsible for providing assistance to the Gas Supervisor and provide any assistance as required for the day to day supervision of the delivery of gas service, repair and maintenance contracts to an agreed programme, budget and quality within the company’s operational targets.
You will be expected to:
- To assist in directing engineers, organise and control the provision of consistent, high quality and customer focused services to ensure the achievement of the company’s strategic objectives when required
- Provide cover when Gas Supervisor is unavailable
- Provide guidance, support and assistance to engineers, when required
- In the absence of the Gas Supervisor to meet and greet new employees ensuring an induction is in place for their start date, checking their qualifications and highlighting any training requirements to the HR Manager
- Assist in arranging and participating in tool box talks
- Checking CP12’s and invoices highlighting any concerns to the Gas Supervisor
- In conjunction with the Gas Supervisor to ensure daily worksheets are distributed and returned to Wood Street.
- Assist with the maintenance of engineers Health and Safety folders
- To attend meetings and forums as and when required
- In the absence of the supervisor to ensure that stock of materials / pipework is adequate to ensure that remedial works engineers have adequate resource to complete their work
- In conjunction with the Gas Supervisor, ensure that adequate van stock is provided to engineers to achieve a high rate of first time fix with periodic review of parts
- Ensure that best value is obtained in all work undertaken and value for money is being achieved with the procurement and fitting of parts
- Undertake surveys as required
- Completion of quality control documentation and inspection of documents completed by others are correct.
- Liaise closely with the Domestic Gas Compliance & Repairs Manager and undertake delivery and be responsible for all correspondence relating to the gas servicing legal process
- Assist in the attendance of Gas Forced Entries to ensure that all involved are present and the required works are completed so that compliance targets are achieved
- Ensure that Aston Group implements its commitment to delivering an excellent customer focused services, have awareness of the sector and it’s challenges and look for ways to exceed customer expectations and invite feedback
- Liaise with the clients representatives on both technical and operational aspects of the works
- Comply with safe working practices ensuring the safety of workforce and public is maintained at all times and to ensure that engineers are compliant / aware of health and safety procedures
- Liaise with Gas Supervisor to undertake vehicle checks on engineer’s vans on a monthly basis
To be considered for our Lead Gas Engineer role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- ACS qualified and current certificates
- Full clean driving licence
- Experience in managing gas engineers and performing risk assessments
- Experience as a suitably qualified heating/gas service supervisor working in commercial and/or domestic premises
- Knowledge of fire and environmental control measures, building control requirements and the Health and Safety at Work act
- The ability to establish and maintain effective, professional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, numeracy, literacy and IT skills
- To be able to work as part of a team
- To be able to prioritise workload in order to meet deadlines
- Company Van and Fuel Card
- 22 days holiday per year in addition to Holidays and Birthday Off after one year of service
- Pension with 4% salary sacrifice scheme and employer contribution
- Death in Service benefit of 4 x salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eye Care Vouchers
If you feel you have the skills for the Lead Gas Engineer, please click APPLY now!
NO AGENCIES PLEASE!
Candidates with the experience and relevant job titles of; Gas Engineer, Gas Supervisor, Maintenance Supervisor, Site Manager, Project Manager, Site Project Manager, Heating Maintenance Engineer, Heating Engineer, Heating Installation Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Services Engineer, Building Services Engineer, Installation Engineer, Commercial Gas Engineer, Senior Gas Engineer, Lead Gas Engineer may also be considered for this role.