Job Title: Waste Recycling Machine Operator (Wood) – Nights
Location: Ridham Dock Road, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME9 8SR
Salary: Up to £14.00 per hour, dependant on experience plus performance related bonus
Job type: Permanent, Full-time
Working Hours: 55 hours per week, 6pm – 6am
Countrystyle Recycling is a member of the family-owned Heathcote Holdings Group of resource management companies. We pride ourselves on our passion for a solution focused service that we deliver to our customers.
About the role:
We are looking for experienced loading shovel and telehandler operators to join our team in the award winning wood recycling facility at Countrystyle Recycling where 100% of incoming wood is recycled.
Must have experience of operating loading shovels and telehandlers, tickets for shredders would be advantageous.
- Be able to operate all machinery and plant, as required, to maintain the safe and efficient operation of your business unit (Wood Shed)
- Ensuring that plant and machinery is maintained to required standards, including daily & weekly checks, refuelling, lubrication and greasing, and that defects and breakdowns are promptly recorded and reported
- Report daily production and downtime figures to the operations manager for review
- Maintain a safe working environment throughout your activities, including keeping working area tidy and access to walkways and emergency exits clear
- Checking of incoming loads, ensuring compliance with site license and permitted waste types
- Immediately report: any contamination or non-conforming wastes delivered to site; accidents, incidents, and near misses; environmental hazards; health & safety breaches to the appropriate Manager
- Ensure appropriate safety equipment and PPE is used at all times
- Undertake any training necessary to perform other tasks including operation of other plant and equipment and/or supervisory duties
- Manual Handling activities to assist in waste management activities
- Assist any other role upon request
- Cover any other operational positions where necessary for business continuity
- Manage stock rotation to comply with site permit.
- Carry out random checks and audits on plant machinery under remit
- Responsibility for own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your actions at work, reporting unsafe conditions and comply with the company management systems and safe systems of work as well as co-workers to help everyone meet their legal requirements
- Must have tickets for Loading Shovels and Telehandlers
- Good Communication
- Ability to operate and control equipment
- Time and Priority Management
- Ability to work in a fast paced, busy environment
- Pay attention to detail
- Ability to work alone or in a team
- Positive Attitude
- Experience on Shredders
- Experience in the Waste Industry
- Company Pension
- Performance related bonus
- Company events
- On site parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellness programme
- Investment in career development
- Electric Car Salary Sacrifice scheme for eligible employees.
- Gym Flex
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Overseas candidates will NOT be considered for this role. We are not sponsoring Visa’s at this time, so please refrain from applying unless eligible to work in the UK.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job title of: Machine Operator, Manufacturing Operative, Manufacturing Engineer, Junior Production Operative, Production Technician, Junior Service Engineer, Graduate Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Technician, Junior Electrical Technician, Trainee Repair Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Machine Operator, Machine Technician, Machine Operative may also be considered for this role.